Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Letting the pictures speak for themselves



So, I know I said I would write about the 3rd way in which I am trying to find balance.  Basically, it is reconnecting with the earth and nature.  Something I am having much more time to do these days thanks to not being employed (and may i say i am secretly enjoying this way more than i should be).

Because I can't find words to describe the shear joy that being in my gardens and outside with my chicks and nature bring me, I am relying on my photos to express this to you.  I hope you enjoy my day, through my eyes and the eyes of my lens.

And on a side note, I noticed today I have one less follower than I did yesterday:(  Is it so silly that this makes me sad?  I feel like I did something to upset someone or else I am just that boring.  Guess I better go back and read my last post so that this doesn't bother me so much.  Time to practice what I preach I suppose.

Anyway, enjoy the photos and have a beautiful night and a lovely day tomorrow.
xxoo
Debbie

my oldest son Garrett, snuggling Blondie while we let her visit the great outdoors.
trevor feeding the older girls.
blondie and nefertiti.

letting the babies get a little outdoor time while we clean out their brooder.
lemongrass growing happily.
basil, rosemary, thyme, dill, cilantro to name a few.
zinnias that will soon be blooming in my raised bed veggie patch.
the big garden going strong.
blackberries coming on.
wineberries just starting to come on.
wild black raspberries just about ready.

This is why I LOVE my life and where I live.
When everything else gets over bearing,
I sit back and see the BIG PICTURE.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place you have been blessed with Debbie :)

    Thank you for your lovely words on my blog. The decision to go offline is hard because of ladies like you, that inspire and encourage, but the inspiration to write is just not there right now. Better to step back than use it as an ego feeder.

    Many blessings to you,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That lemongrass is so beautiful. I need to find a big enough sunny patch out front for a plant here.

    And really, there isn't much more adorable than baby chicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog, Debbie! Yesterday I was thrilled to come across some wild black raspberries here in the farmyard, and some blackberries ripening along the fence :-). Hope to see you at the Mt. Jackson Market this Saturday, I've been going to Woodstock's mainly.

    ReplyDelete