Finally, it is starting to feel like Christmas around here. The weather has turned colder, we had some snow on the mountains on Thursday morning. I ran outside before I left for work so I could snap a few pictures and this was one of my favorites. Only wish the snow had covered the ground too.
Last weekend really kicked off the Holiday season for me. Reed came to spend the weekend with me and we spent all day Saturday baking together and listening to Christmas music and then on Sunday, he helped me start decorating the house. Two of his friends came up from college and ate dinner with us. It was such a fun evening. Even his friends helped decorate by spraying some snow on the kitchen windows to make them festive. Love their creativity.
Here are a few pictures from last weekend and Robby and my tree shopping adventure yesterday. The kids were with their dad, so it was just the two of us at a local tree farm searching for the perfect tree to cut down. We found it, but you will have to come back tomorrow to check out how it turned out. Enjoy the pics from last weekends baking, cooking, decorating extravaganza and tomorrow I will show you how all the decorating turned out.
 |
| Reed started out by helping me make Peanut Butter Blossoms. |
 |
For some reason, rolling the dough into balls, didn't work so well for him.
But.... |
 |
| Eventually, he got it figured out. |
 |
| And he cruised on through 40 of them. Final product..... |
 |
Here's one plate full of them plus the Pecan Bars we made too:)
Next we started on some dinner....Coq Au Vin. Yummy.
Sauteing bacon to start things off right.
Then we browned a whole chicken, sauteed more veggies and some mushrooms.
Into the pot it went with some Burgundy Wine and into the oven.
We were very happy with ourselves once everything was done. Now we just had to get it all on the table.
Coq Au Vin, Egg Noodles with Sauce and Caesar Salad, YUMMMOOOOOO!!!
It was a great meal enjoyed by all. Reed will make a great husband someday
with his wonderful cooking skills.
Breakfast the next morning, I had made French Toast Casserole with Pecan Praline Topping
and Maple Syrup. Also made a fruit salad with Honeycrisp Apples, Strawberries and Raspberries.
Even better, Reed doesn't mind helping out with the dishes when all is said and done.
This was Sunday night when some of his friends came from college. Of course I made Trevor, Reed and his two friends
pose for picture with me and Beauty wanted in on the action too:)
Later during the week, the snow came. But only enough to cover the mountains. It was still
beautiful though. Ran out and took this shot and the one at the top of the post before I went to work.
I love being a country girl, it is gorgeous out here where I call home.
Yesterday we went to a local tree farm to find the perfect tree. We searched
and searched.
The views are so pretty here. This was the most fun I have ever had
picking out a tree.
Finally we found the tree of our dreams and Robby cut it right on down for us.
Now to take it home and get it all dressed up for the Holidays.
Good-bye tree farm. You better believe we will be back next year to get another
perfect tree. Make sure you come back tomorrow to see how all the decorating turned out.
I think we did the best we have ever done this year. BUT, that is just my opinion.
Maybe I just have a different attitude this year and a Christmas Angel helping me out:)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment