Okay, so had I known or believed years ago that eating the way I am eating now could make me feel so much better, I would have changed a long time ago. And then again, maybe I wouldn't have. Clearly I wasn't ready for this change because I didn't do it sooner. Eating whole foods, mostly raw foods, no sugar or processed foods and no dairy has made a huge difference in how I feel. I have so much energy, am sleeping so much better, get to visit the bathroom more often than once every 4 days (sorry but this is a huge accomplishment for me),my skin looks better than ever, the whites of my eyes are clearer and my yoga practice is getting easier and easier. I didn't think I could ever give up candy and sweets, but so far I have done really well with it. Now I am sure I am going to have some slip ups, but what matters is I let that slip up happen and then move on in the next minute. With the help of my new friends at http://www.crazysexylife.com/ and especially Sasha fromhttp://blyssfulhealth.blogspot.com/ I have found so many new recipes and inspirations. I am obsessed with reading more and learning more about healthful eating and ways to prepare food. I can't get enough information and am like a sponge soaking it all up. For once, I feel this is truely a lifestyle change and not just a fad I am trying once again. As long as I keep feeding Robby some meat with each meal, he eats anything else I place in front of him. But who knows, maybe in time he will come around too. He has agreed to drink Soy milk, so who knows. I know he is happy to see I am off of my depression meds and doing well on my own and no longer need my diuretic to keep excess fluid off since I have cut out added salt. It is such an amazing feeling to be in charge of how I feel, and not have meds that do that for me. It helps too that my mood is now pretty consistent because my sugar levels are not spiking and plunging causing me to spike and plunge.
So, all in all, my journey to become a better person both inside and out is a huge success so far and only promises to get better. Can't wait to see where I am in another month.
Okay, time for bed. Goodnight all and Namaste!!
No comments:
Post a Comment